- Whenever somebody casts a spell, take a sip (take a gulp if Hermione casts it).
- If you hear the full name “Harry Potter,” take a sip (two if the person saying “Harry Potter” sounds particularly surprised or confounded).
- If somebody casts “Avada Kedavra,” kill your drink.
- Whenever people draw their wands, take a drink (if more than four people at a time draw their wands, finish your drink).
- Whenever Harry says something inspirational or reassuring, take a sip.
- Take a drink whenever Ron has a scared, disgusted, or perplexed look on his face.
- Whenever Snape speaks with a nasal, overly dramatic affectation, pinch your nose and take a drink, condescendingly.
- Whenever people start flying, either by broomstick or by means of magical creatures, stop drinking because it’s so freaking cool.
- Whenever anybody says “horcrux,” last person to touch their Dark Mark finishes their drink.
- If you hear somebody say “He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named,” or any of its variants, dissolve your soul into seven pieces and take a drink for each.
— Whenever you see the spires of Hogwarts, the smoke stack of the Hogwarts Express, or Harry, Ron and Hermione uniting against the forces of evil, drink to nostalgia and feeling like a kid again.
Emma: I threw a dinner. I just bought a new apartment in London. I tried to make it look really nice. I bought tons of flowers. I lit candles everywhere and everyone had place settings and I made food for everyone to come and eat and also I put together … I made like a book for everyone and I had silly questions like who was your first crush on the set? What was your best memory? What was your worst memory? Who was your favorite director? . . stuff like that, that’s just really fun. And everyone had a piece of paper to write it all down, but we all discussed our answers and went around and listened to people’s stories and what they remembered. It was just a really nostalgic evening basically, just all of us sharing stories. It was a really nice evening and it was warm weather, so we sat outside as well, and I bought disposable cameras for the tables, so everyone could use those, and it was just fun. It was just chill.